The Hood House is an historic Victorian home built in 1892 shortly after the town of Warm Springs (now Saratoga) was formed. Saratoga and the surrounding Platte Valley offer many recreational opportunities including hot springs, fly fishing, floating the river, snowmobiling, hiking, biking, and bird watching, and hunting, to name just a few.
The Hood House was built by Thomas Hood, a carpenter who also built the town's Episcopalian Church and several other cottages. Soon after he built the large brick beauty, he moved to Chicago and became a doctor.
The house is very comfortable, featuring four rooms with either a queen or two twins. There are two bathrooms to share, but guests generally have their own bathrooms unless expressly permitted otherwise.
Saratoga offers easy access to the river, free municipal hot springs (open 24-hours), shopping, dining, and cultural opportunities such as events and a great museum.
The Hood House is owned and operated by a mother daughter team who have been welcoming guests as if they were family since 2001.