Historic Cody Mural and Museum

In 1951 renowned local artist Edward T. Grigware was asked to create a beautiful mural for this Cody chapel. The mural depicts the founding of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the exodus of the Mormon pioneers from Nauvoo, Illinois to the Salt Lake Valley.
The chapel also houses a museum of historic artifacts. Guests learn about the early settlement of the Bighorn Basin including the construction of the Sidon Canal which provided water to approximately 20,000 acres of farmland.

 

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 44.530698 Longitude: -109.053587 Elevation: 4988 ft
the best travel advice comes from the people who live here
Park County Travel Council

Seasons Open

June - September 15

Hours Open

June-August: Mon-Sat, 9am-7pm, Sun 3pm-7pm; September 1-15: Mon-Sun, 10am-4pm

Leave a Comment

Submit