Albright Visitor Center

Situated in the the middle of the Mammoth Historical District, in the northwest corner of Yellowstone National Park near the North Entrance. The buildings of Albright Visitor Center were originally built for officer housing when the U.S. calvary was stationed at "Fort Yellowstone" to protect the new national park prior to the formation of the National Park Service in 1916.

The center includes exhibits on the early exploration and formation of Yellowstone National Park and the National Park Service, a bookstore, films, and several exhibits. Of note are the Jackson Gallery, which displays original photographs by William Henry Jackson, and the Moran Gallery, featuring reproductions of watercolor sketches by William Moran.

Read more

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 44.976425 Longitude: -110.699486 Elevation: 6234 ft

Seasons Open

Open year-round.

Hours Open

Visitor centers have the same dates and hours of operations as established by the NPS; Institute courses vary

Fees

Park entrance fees apply

Leave a Comment

Submit